Skip to main content

Mid-2023 Recap "Personal Legend"

He never realized that people are capable , at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream off" -The Alchemist 

This event is deserving of a post. I've always excelled in any work environment I've ever been placed. However, I was never content I didn't feel proud of my job and trust me when I say I climbed the corporate ladder. I was picking the best of what was available and what was offered. I didn't want what was available anymore. I wanted an adventure and I truly did venture off in a completely new direction. Nevertheless a huge contributing factor to this adventure was my husband  but I'll get into that later. I have to stay far far far away from overthinking my future BUT a plan and a map are useful as Floyd Mayweather once said to Brian Kenny you are a man of many traits but a master of none. I want to become a master in the business of saving lives and for that I do need a plan. I hit my second marker this month and from here it's only getting closer. 

June was also a celebration of my discipline and dedication. My drive to show-up for myself is uncanny. I now know I can definitely take care of myself because every little goal I set gets completed.

 Following through wasn't simple these two years. I've had question-banks that consisted of 400 Q & A's. I've had to write eight page essays back to back and although I love to write, grammar is not my forte. I have had to study all night go to school and then work. My emotions have also been trampled..... at the beginning of my journey I had to fight off the feeling of imposter syndrome. Looking back I'm glad I slapped fear in the face and just stayed committed. It is truly hard when you are the only one committed to a very unique path. I had to tune out classmates who one by one hindered their journey before it began. They did so by saying things like "this is too hard" or "why do I have to do this" unfortunately one by one they begin saying "now I want to be an ultrasound tech or a respiratory tech" tragic. I believe it wasn't because they don't have the brains it's simply because of fear. I kept pushing through failure through fear. I'm so proud of myself.

Okay okay enough about me! I mean I did graduate... but enough of me. I have to give a shout out to those who supported me! 

To my husband

I know you're reading this because you're always stunned with amazement with anything I do. I also know you're reading this because you support and cheer anything I do. As Faith Hill said "I want a white knight, with a good heart and soft touch" you are that and more. You calmed all my storms all of my doubts. You took care of everything in the house many weeks out of the year. This included cooking going to Costco and baring those long dreadful lines all of this before I even woke-up. I'd wake-up to a delicious coffee you got at a hipster cafĆ© and all tasks completed. You did all this to help my exhausted brain. These two years our schedules have been so busy, thanks for calling-off work to curate an entire day dedicated to me when you knew school was getting hard!. Thanks for always driving me around (you know I hate driving) thanks for all the treats, thanks for all the unexpected but much appreciated : flowers, coffee, lemonades , kissed, hugs and puppy eyes. Thanks for taking care of me financially most couples might assume this is part of the deal but thanks for handling everything. Thanks for taking care of my mother and never making me feel like it's a burden. Thanks for respecting that aspect of my life and loving me enough to not want me to worry about anything. Thank you for loving me soooooo much you solely want to see me relaxed and taking naps. Julia Roberts was asked in an interview why she looks so good, she responded by saying it was all due to the love of a good man. I second that thought. Because of the way you love me I don't take crap from haters and bitter people anymore. I don't allow people to just pick-my brain because they don't have ideas of their own outside of following trends. You make me want to be a better woman every single day. I love you! your humor kills me with your Avril Lavigne impersonation and your reference to Nowhere, Kansas last weekend hahahaha. Also thanks for feeding cats and helping strays and I won't forget when you saved that squirrel. 


Dear Mother, thanks for accepting your faults and allowing that acceptance to change our relationship for the best. Thanks for being my personal cheerleader. It's hard to have one of those in life most people don't care about your happiness or what's worst wish you harm. But to truly have a person on your corner who's intentions are solely to love you is priceless. 


Little shoutout to Mera : She has quickly become one of my favorite humans ever! She's so full of joy and I selfishly want to marinate in it lol! Our conversations are always filled with hope and dreams and simply full of life they lack the somber reality of a typical "adult" conversation. 

I have a special post dedicated to my best friend Linda coming soon..... I couldn't sum-up how I feel about her in this post. 



                                     # done 

Ah!!!!!!! 2023 I completed all of my prerequisites for the nursing program. I want to always remember this feeling of happiness.

I feel like a different person more sure of myself, I trust myself more. Which leads me to my next major point for 2023 I want to leave all negativity behind which includes a friendship that no longer serves me I'm in a totally different state of mind, filled with positivity, love, joy. I no longer appreciate the slightest indication of cynicism. Misery loves company, I'm not miserable so why surround myself with people who are. From now on I will only associate myself with people who love themselves. As Jack Vanek said " You are the books you read, the films you watch, the music you listen to, the people you meet, the dreams you have, the conversations you engage in. You are what you take from these" I want to share this because I know you're reading this Carmen and just like I this might help. And Mera you have already experience this tis life an ever learning joyride! 


Au revoir until next time! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sofia Boutella & Frank Medrano

Last week I was extremely sick! I really rarely get sick however I’ve been under a lot of stress regarding work dilemmas and household issues. And now I truly believe what they say, feeling sad can trigger physical sickness. Which means I haven’t really worked-out the past two weeks and that makes me feel extremely guilty. I feel ashamed of myself, I always think that the greatest humans are those who are disciplined in every aspect of their lives. I always look for people that inspire me, however in my inner circle only a couple of people enjoy burning off some steam. So with this said I search the internet for inspiration and I stumbled upon these two strong individuals, one of them surprisingly is a Vegan!!! Being a vegetarian I do not have the misconception that a non-meat eater could never gain muscle. But even so it felt like a wake-up call just a tad, it has   inspired me to change my diet, I will give this food plan a go, what’s the worst that could happen … let’s all get i

The whole world is in chess. Any move can be the death of you. Do anything except remain where you started, and you can't be sure of your end. Were you sure of your end once?

I have a lovely friend who will definitely enjoy this ( Linda )

Living in agreement with nature

  Riddle me this... sweat everywhere sunscreen in my eyes, hair sticking to the back of my neck... did you say summer? yup you guessed it, that's how summer feels. Did you know that wind blowing between  trees almost sounds like ocean waves? well now you know. Joe and I took a trip to the top of a mountain channeling our inner quest. Once up there the silence was unmatched the only sound was the wind running through the evergreen trees. I inhaled that clean air as if I might never get the opportunity to do it again. This summer is different. Summers although not my favorited season always symbolized change. I find it a bit comical, I thrive during summer and go into a slumber during winter.  We started the morning by listening to Joe Abercrombie's "The Blade Itself" It's definitely top 10 on Joe's book list. Speaking of lists this is how our day went:  Enjoyed the road filled with evergreen trees very "Virgen River" nothing wrong with that. Had break