Skip to main content

2021 Recap

2020 recap ended with me saying the following: I have many plans for 2021,  I'll be sure to record.

Did those plans evolve from the pages of journals/blog to real life? YES!

It all Started in February , a chance to forge new beginnings to embark in dreams that lived in the back burner for way too long. Dreams that consumed my daydreams. Dreams of freedom and carelessness. Have you ever seen movies like "In her Shoes" or "A good Year" , "Eat Pray Love" they all share a similar plot. Something drastic happens in their lives and they now quit their corporate job and travel the world or at least find what makes them  happy. I worked in a company doing the basic H.R shenanigans. I enjoyed the helping side of the profession but hated the fact that my employer knew my potential and exploited it to the max. Glad that's over with.

I'm currently a full-time student. Learning something new everyday feels like freedom. I guess someone would have to be in my shoes to understand the feeling and know my past to understand the joy I feel in regards to this decision. It wasn't something that was done on a whim it was done after several "no buy years" and lots of planning. It doesn't take time from whats important like my spirituality but it does cripple the time I have to dedicate to friends at times. I've been smooth sailing  until  the week of finals and then this is what I look like: 

 This is me after a long study sesh. I look dreadful I really do it's a crime posting this pic,  but I'd like to read/see this blog in the future and remember the ride.  I enjoy waking up at 8:00am making a latte and setting up my electric gear to join my English class.I feel extremely proud of myself not for my academic excellence  but for my bravery. The outcome can vary, I might change my mind but being in control of my life has been enough. Following through with my plans taking action not just talking about them  has increased my self esteem and self confidence. I now feel like the leading lady of my own movie slash life.

This year marks our 4th year anniversary! If you're reading this love happy anniversary thanks for being brave and supporting  me through my challenges and dreams. Thanks for being you, like when you want me to leave the kitchen door open just to hear me study (makes my heart melt every time). Thanks for supporting my mother and treating her with such respect and consideration. Thanks for helping me through writers block. And on a superficial note thanks for being gorgeous and being able to growing a beard in three days.

A playlist made just for you:

"Ride or Die" - Durand Jones & The Indications 

"Second Skin" - The Chameleons 

"Lover" - Taylor Swift ( gosh I love this one!!!!) 

"This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)" - Natalie Cole 

"Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" - Starship (singing this song with hand on chest and full facial expressions)

 

 
 

I attended ALL four Zoe concerts! With the one and only Lin! ( I have endless pics and videos but these two photos will suffice)

Family....  In truth a family is what you make it. It is made strong, not by number of heads counted at the dinner table, but by the rituals you help family members create, by the memories you share, by the commitment of time, caring and love you show to one another, and by the hopes for the future you have as individuals and as a unit.

..... so many plans are boiling up involving the lovely fam.





Album of the year....

Until next time :)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sofia Boutella & Frank Medrano

Last week I was extremely sick! I really rarely get sick however I’ve been under a lot of stress regarding work dilemmas and household issues. And now I truly believe what they say, feeling sad can trigger physical sickness. Which means I haven’t really worked-out the past two weeks and that makes me feel extremely guilty. I feel ashamed of myself, I always think that the greatest humans are those who are disciplined in every aspect of their lives. I always look for people that inspire me, however in my inner circle only a couple of people enjoy burning off some steam. So with this said I search the internet for inspiration and I stumbled upon these two strong individuals, one of them surprisingly is a Vegan!!! Being a vegetarian I do not have the misconception that a non-meat eater could never gain muscle. But even so it felt like a wake-up call just a tad, it has   inspired me to change my diet, I will give this food plan a go, what’s the worst that could happen … let’s all get i

The whole world is in chess. Any move can be the death of you. Do anything except remain where you started, and you can't be sure of your end. Were you sure of your end once?

I have a lovely friend who will definitely enjoy this ( Linda )

Living in agreement with nature

  Riddle me this... sweat everywhere sunscreen in my eyes, hair sticking to the back of my neck... did you say summer? yup you guessed it, that's how summer feels. Did you know that wind blowing between  trees almost sounds like ocean waves? well now you know. Joe and I took a trip to the top of a mountain channeling our inner quest. Once up there the silence was unmatched the only sound was the wind running through the evergreen trees. I inhaled that clean air as if I might never get the opportunity to do it again. This summer is different. Summers although not my favorited season always symbolized change. I find it a bit comical, I thrive during summer and go into a slumber during winter.  We started the morning by listening to Joe Abercrombie's "The Blade Itself" It's definitely top 10 on Joe's book list. Speaking of lists this is how our day went:  Enjoyed the road filled with evergreen trees very "Virgen River" nothing wrong with that. Had break