Skip to main content

Dedicated to the one I love...

June 15 2019 exactly a month ago marks an incident that impacted my family especially my husband. His father suffered a brain aneurysm, and with that comes a wave of uncertainty, sadness, desperation, yea a state of despair to sum everything up. It is hard to see a loved one suffer and not be able to do anything, on the day that I stayed over night {at the hospital} next to my husband watching over my father-in-law I read books , inspirational quotes and one that hasn't left my mind is this one "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did but people will never forget how you made them feel" -Maya Angelou. I read my first Maya Angelou book in high school "I know why the cage birds sing" after that I was hooked and read all her autobiographies, this woman was fierce , oh sooooo fierce on so many levels. Regarding the quote above, it made me think about how I can do so much for my loved ones but if I don't make them FEEL loved, understood, like they can tell me anything without any retaliation, its all worthless. In marriage your partner will not always be happy, especially when they are under stress its your job to be selfless, understanding,  hold their hand and wink , make them FEEL like everything in life is temporary be what makes them have hope.   
Picture from the lovely stylish Miss James AKA Bleubird 


My husband Joe is extraordinary, he is a man's man not because he can grow a beard and smells like leather and musk but because he handles things with such toughness, he kicks pain in the butt, he is not a worrier but a warrior, depends on himself never worries about the opinion of others. He is rough around the edges you cant be a man's man and be posh all the way,  he is a little dangerous like a viking but above all his self-sacrifice makes him so sweet he works his butt off to support me and the ones he loves. Also he does those random sweet things like when he tells me to rip-open a raspberry so I can see how beautiful it is from the inside, like who says things like that? I try my best to support him but oh my god what a joy is he to support.

Let me sum up the resilience me and my husband have towards problems with some Stranger Things geeky quotes: 

Dustin: You’re going to take out the demigorgon with a slingshot?  (the world when they have problems )
Lucas: First of all, it’s a wrist-rocket. ( me and Joe, when we have problems, unstoppable)

Muah!♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sofia Boutella & Frank Medrano

Last week I was extremely sick! I really rarely get sick however I’ve been under a lot of stress regarding work dilemmas and household issues. And now I truly believe what they say, feeling sad can trigger physical sickness. Which means I haven’t really worked-out the past two weeks and that makes me feel extremely guilty. I feel ashamed of myself, I always think that the greatest humans are those who are disciplined in every aspect of their lives. I always look for people that inspire me, however in my inner circle only a couple of people enjoy burning off some steam. So with this said I search the internet for inspiration and I stumbled upon these two strong individuals, one of them surprisingly is a Vegan!!! Being a vegetarian I do not have the misconception that a non-meat eater could never gain muscle. But even so it felt like a wake-up call just a tad, it has   inspired me to change my diet, I will give this food plan a go, what’s the worst that could happen … let’s all get i

The whole world is in chess. Any move can be the death of you. Do anything except remain where you started, and you can't be sure of your end. Were you sure of your end once?

I have a lovely friend who will definitely enjoy this ( Linda )

Living in agreement with nature

  Riddle me this... sweat everywhere sunscreen in my eyes, hair sticking to the back of my neck... did you say summer? yup you guessed it, that's how summer feels. Did you know that wind blowing between  trees almost sounds like ocean waves? well now you know. Joe and I took a trip to the top of a mountain channeling our inner quest. Once up there the silence was unmatched the only sound was the wind running through the evergreen trees. I inhaled that clean air as if I might never get the opportunity to do it again. This summer is different. Summers although not my favorited season always symbolized change. I find it a bit comical, I thrive during summer and go into a slumber during winter.  We started the morning by listening to Joe Abercrombie's "The Blade Itself" It's definitely top 10 on Joe's book list. Speaking of lists this is how our day went:  Enjoyed the road filled with evergreen trees very "Virgen River" nothing wrong with that. Had break