Skip to main content

Jennifer Connelly & 80's Fantasy Films

 
I watched Labyrinth this weekend which I find extremely appropriate due to the upcoming Star Wars excitement! The film was directed by: Jim Henson!!! …… how I love Jim, hes the guy that gave me one of my top favorite 80’s fantasy adventure films “The Dark Crystal”  and fed my obsession with David Bowie in “Labyrinth”… (I still CANT believe The Dark Crystal was a box office flop but I guess if your movie is coming out along with E.T that’s bound to happen)  Oh and how can I forget he brought to life the cute Kermit the Frog!!! The film was produced by the one and only George Lucas, so you know it’s going to be an adventure packed with unique creatures and shiny objects all over the place, some really really bad lighting (let’s not forget it’s the 80’s) buuuuuuut it surly does speak childhood to me…. Speaking of the characters we have:

 he beautiful Jennifer Connelly as Sarah, Sarah is always saying “It’s not fair” I feel like that at times. Hoggle the grumpiest Dwarf ever, but such a good friend, I think we could be like that sometimes… be a good friend but at the same time be an annoying person lol! Ludo awwww a kind-hearted beast, he is so tender despite his size and looks Love him so much! Didymus a brave fox knight! We all have that friend you know the one that conquers everything and defends you no matter what, and lets not disregard the fact that Didymus was so small, such a good lesson.   

 I feel like re-watching Dragon Slayer, Legend, Lady Hawk, The Neverending Story, Willow, Princes Bride and anything 80’s…..

On September 11, 2001, the actor Paul Bettany was buying groceries in a Tuscan hill town when he noticed a crowd around a television in a café. The group was too quiet to be soccer fans. He joined it in time to see United Airlines Flight 175 hit the World Trade Center. For the next two days, he found himself dialing and redialing a friend who lived with her son in downtown Manhattan, the actress Jennifer Connelly. She and Bettany weren’t romantically involved, but after working together in the true-life drama A Beautiful Mind, they’d kept in touch. At about hour 48, he asked himself why he was so desperate to reach her. “It hit me, like, Ohhh, no,” Bettany recalls in his fine-sandpaper voice. “I was bitten.” In a flash he knew that if Connelly was alive, he was going to marry her. On January 1, 2003, he did…… To read the full interview, pick up the November 2015 issue—MORE mag…. I enjoyed the light read, happy Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sofia Boutella & Frank Medrano

Last week I was extremely sick! I really rarely get sick however I’ve been under a lot of stress regarding work dilemmas and household issues. And now I truly believe what they say, feeling sad can trigger physical sickness. Which means I haven’t really worked-out the past two weeks and that makes me feel extremely guilty. I feel ashamed of myself, I always think that the greatest humans are those who are disciplined in every aspect of their lives. I always look for people that inspire me, however in my inner circle only a couple of people enjoy burning off some steam. So with this said I search the internet for inspiration and I stumbled upon these two strong individuals, one of them surprisingly is a Vegan!!! Being a vegetarian I do not have the misconception that a non-meat eater could never gain muscle. But even so it felt like a wake-up call just a tad, it has   inspired me to change my diet, I will give this food plan a go, what’s the worst that could happen … let’s all get i

The whole world is in chess. Any move can be the death of you. Do anything except remain where you started, and you can't be sure of your end. Were you sure of your end once?

I have a lovely friend who will definitely enjoy this ( Linda )

Living in agreement with nature

  Riddle me this... sweat everywhere sunscreen in my eyes, hair sticking to the back of my neck... did you say summer? yup you guessed it, that's how summer feels. Did you know that wind blowing between  trees almost sounds like ocean waves? well now you know. Joe and I took a trip to the top of a mountain channeling our inner quest. Once up there the silence was unmatched the only sound was the wind running through the evergreen trees. I inhaled that clean air as if I might never get the opportunity to do it again. This summer is different. Summers although not my favorited season always symbolized change. I find it a bit comical, I thrive during summer and go into a slumber during winter.  We started the morning by listening to Joe Abercrombie's "The Blade Itself" It's definitely top 10 on Joe's book list. Speaking of lists this is how our day went:  Enjoyed the road filled with evergreen trees very "Virgen River" nothing wrong with that. Had break