Skip to main content

Alright, Alright, Alright.....


Yesterday was an amazing night full of thrilling experiences. Before I slept  I had in mind waking up to a wonderful run in the morning with little buff brother. However he was up ready to go with his funny running pants {No offence Bro} and I was still in bed and I said you go, I’ll run in the afternoon. A year ago I was in far better shape than I am today, maybe because I didn’t have so many stressful situations to deal with. Nevertheless no excuses right so I think I have "Fan Girl" syndrome you know the kind in which girls go crazy over something? Yup that’s me if I like a band I LOVE a band, and the same goes with my nutrition and having a fit life. As a pop- culture fan-girl I remember Cindy Crawford saying  : "It’s  75% diet and 25% exercise" she brings back so many memories old and new {Right Linda} food is very important and not simply because of me wanting to look good but also because like Cindy said "The Face you have at 25 is the face god gave you, but the face you have after 50 is the Face you earned" no matter how many anti-wrinkle creams I use if I have a poor diet my skin will lose elasticity  and radiance. The same goes into muscles no matter how much I run and do pull-ups if I don’t eat a balance diet I’m literally throwing away my time and energy and trust me I don’t have much of those to go around. I love my body it immediately tells me when something is wrong, when I’m stresses my face starts breaking-out, I know that sound not so pleasant but I immediately start drinking more water and green tea, sleep better and go for some soothing runs. When my body isn’t eating well it lets me know it isn’t happy, waking up in the morning becomes difficult, my energy throughout the day isn’t enough, my sleep isn’t as reenergizing I fee and look  like the person I do not want to be.

           Mathew McConaugey is one of my inspirations when it comes to committing to a healthy lifestyle, yes he is paid to look like that perhaps?, but that’s not entirely true look at Jonah Hill {cool dude} and other celebrities that eat as if they attended a kid’s party every single day. Nothing wrong with eating Pie and Pizza sometimes I personally love those two hahahahaha… McConaugey  is also very inspirational I loved his Oscar acceptance speech and it went like this "There’s a few things, about three things to my account that I need each day. One of them is something to look up to, another is something to look forward to, and another is someone to chase. Now, first off, I want to thank God. ‘Cause that’s who I look up to. He has graced my life with opportunities that I know are not of my hand or any other human hand. He has shown me that it’s a scientific fact that gratitude reciprocates. In the words of the late Charlie Laughton, who said, “When you’ve got God, you got a friend. And that friend is you.” To my family, that who and what I look forward to. To my father who, I know he’s up there right now with a big pot of gumbo. He’s got a lemon meringue pie over there. He’s probably in his underwear. And he’s got a cold can of Miller Lite and he’s dancing right now. To you, Dad, you taught me what it means to be a man. To my mother who’s here tonight, who taught me and my two older brothers… demanded that we respect ourselves. And what we in turn learned was that we were then better able to respect others. Thank you for that, Mama. To my wife, Camila, and my kids Levi, Vida and Mr. Stone, the courage and significance you give me every day I go out the door is unparalleled. You are the four people in my life that I want to make the most proud of me. Thank you. And to my hero. That’s who I chase. Now when I was 15 years old, I had a very important person in my life come to me and say “who’s your hero?” And I said, “I don’t know, I gotta think about that. Give me a couple of weeks.” I come back two weeks later, this person comes up and says “who’s your hero?” I said, “I thought about it. You know who it is? It’s me in 10 years.” So I turned 25. Ten years later, that same person comes to me and says, “So, are you a hero?” And I was like, “not even close. No, no, no.” She said, “Why?” I said, “Because my hero’s me at 35.” So you see every day, every week, every month and every year of my life, my hero’s always 10 years away. I’m never gonna be my hero. I’m not gonna attain that. I know I’m not, and that’s just fine with me because that keeps me with somebody to keep on chasing. So, to any of us, whatever those things are, whatever it is we look up to, whatever it is we look forward to, and whoever it is we’re chasing, to that I say, “Amen.” To that I say, “Alright, alright, alright.” To that I say “just keep living.” Thank you.

                       This hit me hard, because I thrive in getting inspired, I think if I would ever get a tattoo it would be the word "Hero" . I’m fascinated by the idea of being original, exceptional, disciplined …. People say well we don’t have super powers! I’m sorry but your mistaken Whitney Houston’s voice is out  of this world and Celine Dion’s “Because you love me” brings tears to my eyes every single time, my mother’s face comes to mind  she's my pillar, she's my Hero I can’t express in words how much I love her Agape and Storge does not do my feeling of appreciation  justice. Let’s not forget Kenichi Ebina dancing skill this guy is so gnarly!!! Or Andrew De Leon with his haunting voice, all of these common people with an immense talent. "We all have dreams but in order to make dreams come into reality it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort"- "Happiness is dependent on self-discipline, we are the biggest obstacles to our own happiness it is much easier to do battle with society and with others than to fight our own nature" This is so true sometimes we fight for others rights, but we forget about ourselves. The Month of August  will feed my spiritual hunger by participating in a very special campaign, but I will also be starting a new eating plan along with certain exercises this is a little different from what I’ve done before. I will be getting lean muscle and firming some places,  I know some of my lovely girlfriends read my blog and if you’re interested I will post the plan,{Mrs., Pine I will e-mail you a copy} I will also be posting weekly weight loss and muscle gain for you all, along with body measurements.{ I ‘m a thin girl this isn’t about losing weight it’s about muscle tone  and gaining muscle,  a little weight loss but that naturally comes with the lack of unhealthy calories} This might sound like too much information, but I disagree I get extremely inspired when I see true results in others and it makes me push myself that extra mile!

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sofia Boutella & Frank Medrano

Last week I was extremely sick! I really rarely get sick however I’ve been under a lot of stress regarding work dilemmas and household issues. And now I truly believe what they say, feeling sad can trigger physical sickness. Which means I haven’t really worked-out the past two weeks and that makes me feel extremely guilty. I feel ashamed of myself, I always think that the greatest humans are those who are disciplined in every aspect of their lives. I always look for people that inspire me, however in my inner circle only a couple of people enjoy burning off some steam. So with this said I search the internet for inspiration and I stumbled upon these two strong individuals, one of them surprisingly is a Vegan!!! Being a vegetarian I do not have the misconception that a non-meat eater could never gain muscle. But even so it felt like a wake-up call just a tad, it has   inspired me to change my diet, I will give this food plan a go, what’s the worst that could happen … let’s all get i

The whole world is in chess. Any move can be the death of you. Do anything except remain where you started, and you can't be sure of your end. Were you sure of your end once?

I have a lovely friend who will definitely enjoy this ( Linda )

Living in agreement with nature

  Riddle me this... sweat everywhere sunscreen in my eyes, hair sticking to the back of my neck... did you say summer? yup you guessed it, that's how summer feels. Did you know that wind blowing between  trees almost sounds like ocean waves? well now you know. Joe and I took a trip to the top of a mountain channeling our inner quest. Once up there the silence was unmatched the only sound was the wind running through the evergreen trees. I inhaled that clean air as if I might never get the opportunity to do it again. This summer is different. Summers although not my favorited season always symbolized change. I find it a bit comical, I thrive during summer and go into a slumber during winter.  We started the morning by listening to Joe Abercrombie's "The Blade Itself" It's definitely top 10 on Joe's book list. Speaking of lists this is how our day went:  Enjoyed the road filled with evergreen trees very "Virgen River" nothing wrong with that. Had break