Skip to main content

To see your world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower. Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, An eternity in an hour.


 
I had a heated conversation with a friend about a very important subject, Superheroes. Yes crucial topic  in my geeky mind superheroes are extremely essential they  not only inspire me but serve as magnificent motivation. If you are a close friend of mine, you might already know that I’ve tried…… and tried to find a female superhero that just takes my breath away!! But unfortunately the only thing I can come-up with is wonder woman. She defines the typical “Superhero” a benevolent fictional character with superhuman powers, such as Superman. And we all know about Superman right? He is the least favorite character for many people. I think we just ignore the guy because he was born with his powers, and I personally have a thing for the underdogs. Most people dislike daredevil, but he rose above his limitations without the help of a spider bite.
Batman , Bruce Wayne witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child and swore to avenge them. He trained extensively to achieve the pinnacle of human perfection, mastering detective skills, martial arts, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on criminals' fear and utilizing a high-tech arsenal in his crusade to rid Gotham City of crime, the legendary Batman was born. The guy is a genius not only with his mind but also with his physical abilities! he has no super human powers but boy can he fight evil. What do we lean from Batman kids? Well that anyone can be a Hero if they work hard enough.
That’s exactly what I want in a Female lead! But what do you know I’ve found my girl. Should I thank the UK mmmm maybe.. Lara Croft! As an archeologist, she travels all over the world looking for historic (and mystical) artifacts before they fall into the wrong hands. Her reputation grants the nickname "The Tomb Raider". Lara is a regular human, in peak physical conditioning.  She is a skilled marksman trained with many forms of firearms as well as with traditional bows.  She is also an excellent hand-to-hand combatant and skilled in piloting many different forms of vehicles.  Despite her excellent physical attributes it is more often her mind which allows her to escape from dangerous situations. Bam! Favorite female character of 2013 and possibly 2014 I don’t see myself getting over Lara anytime soon,  {well she inspires me so toned arms here I come}.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sofia Boutella & Frank Medrano

Last week I was extremely sick! I really rarely get sick however I’ve been under a lot of stress regarding work dilemmas and household issues. And now I truly believe what they say, feeling sad can trigger physical sickness. Which means I haven’t really worked-out the past two weeks and that makes me feel extremely guilty. I feel ashamed of myself, I always think that the greatest humans are those who are disciplined in every aspect of their lives. I always look for people that inspire me, however in my inner circle only a couple of people enjoy burning off some steam. So with this said I search the internet for inspiration and I stumbled upon these two strong individuals, one of them surprisingly is a Vegan!!! Being a vegetarian I do not have the misconception that a non-meat eater could never gain muscle. But even so it felt like a wake-up call just a tad, it has   inspired me to change my diet, I will give this food plan a go, what’s the worst that could happen … let’s all get i

The whole world is in chess. Any move can be the death of you. Do anything except remain where you started, and you can't be sure of your end. Were you sure of your end once?

I have a lovely friend who will definitely enjoy this ( Linda )

Living in agreement with nature

  Riddle me this... sweat everywhere sunscreen in my eyes, hair sticking to the back of my neck... did you say summer? yup you guessed it, that's how summer feels. Did you know that wind blowing between  trees almost sounds like ocean waves? well now you know. Joe and I took a trip to the top of a mountain channeling our inner quest. Once up there the silence was unmatched the only sound was the wind running through the evergreen trees. I inhaled that clean air as if I might never get the opportunity to do it again. This summer is different. Summers although not my favorited season always symbolized change. I find it a bit comical, I thrive during summer and go into a slumber during winter.  We started the morning by listening to Joe Abercrombie's "The Blade Itself" It's definitely top 10 on Joe's book list. Speaking of lists this is how our day went:  Enjoyed the road filled with evergreen trees very "Virgen River" nothing wrong with that. Had break